Reub's journey

02 July 2010

A long long day

We flew back from Italy today, and it has been one of those long long days when the morning began with a wake-up call at 3:30AM in Rome. We spent our hours in an odd time warp trundling between airports, shuttles, and security checks, snacking on tiny wrapped packages of crackers and strange cookies. The sun rose after we did, and then stayed right up there in the sky as we flew west. You follow the sun across the Atlantic Ocean, and all the way across North America. I've been up for 23 hours now, and it is still perfectly light outside, only 5:45 PM, Pacific time: crazy!



The clouds from the plane window kept me company across oceans and continents.



My gosh I'm tired. I feel like this seagull, who was one of the first things I saw when I arrived in Rome two weeks ago. He could hardly keep his eyes open.



When I am a little more alert I'll be back to share a few things about our trip. Ciao ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. WELCOME HOME!!!!! i can't wait to hear all about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying with the sun is better than flying against it ... in my book. But jet lag is jet lag. Hope you feel better and looking forward to the photos. If that pigeon is any sign, they are going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.