Reub's journey

17 January 2009

All the excitement


Well nobody was more surprised than myself when President-elect Obama announced that there were two dogs in contention for the White House: the Labradoodle and the Portuguese Water Dog, and he was going to start looking in animal shelters to see if one of us would show up. I dropped my tennis ball (for just a second) in amazement. That's what I am, a card-carrying Portuguese Water Dog! Jeesh, I never thought of myself as presidential. And although I didn't come from a shelter, my best pal, Reuben, did; so between the two of us, well let's just say we are carrying our tales mighty high these days. A PWD and a shelter dog: in one house. Should we be thinking about policy issues? Maybe tomorrow; right now we're both feeling a little tired from all the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.