Reub's journey

08 June 2010

Blu (bloo)


To help myself learn Italian, I've been putting stickers all over the house, but when it came to colors, where was the color blue in my surroundings? This house is drenched in warm colors, not only because I like them but because they raise the temperature of the place in the long wet Oregon winters. If you travel to Ireland (with its similar climate) you'll notice the same thing: they paint their walls orange, coral, red, and yellow. Plus, warm colors look good with the honey-colored wooden things we surround ourselves with.


I love cobalt blue. I just don't own much of it, except for this glass vase. So I filled it with rhododendron blossoms and stuck a sticker on it: blu, not one I'm likely to forget.



A cup that I like, a little bit of blu, and more Italian.


A watercolor of mine, and yet another easy label. I'll be in Italy in 2 weeks!






15 comments:

  1. At least now I know one Italian word! :) bloo I love cobalt too and I have lots of it. I have lots of dark blues - no surprise there - I don't mind it in winter but sometimes in spring it feels too heavy for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I forgot to say I would love to join you on the bench with my hands full the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting photos. Reminds me that I too own a cobalt vase that I have hidden away somewhere.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue pears. What a creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pooh bears. What a creative mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 1998 I was in Italy for 15 days and couldn't say much more than Hello, Thank you and Good bye!! I hope you'll have an opportunity to use your color vocab!!Wish I was going with you - where are you visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting it is to plan such a wonderful trip

    I love the cup
    and your watercolor is lovely - so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series of blues .Lovely watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your way of learning a language! I'm intrigued by the blue pear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics of your self-structured language course! Now, we all know one Italian word, besides lasagna! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOh, I would love to visit Italy. I am sure you will bedazzle us with wonderful photos from your visit.
    What a great idea about learning the language. I amy do that even though the dogs don't like me to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea to learn before you go. I bet it will be so much fun. great blues! I like the cobalt blue also and have cups and glasses that color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun that you are learning all these words around your house before your trip!! What part of Italy are you going to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. Anonymous, I can't believe you used an emoticon.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.