I love the Oregon coast and will drop everything to head that way for any excuse at all.
1. Ed & Reub need a new place to run because it's boring to take them to the same old hillsides all of the time.
2. I'm hungry for clam chowder/halibut and chips.
3. It's cloudy here so it will be sunny there.
4. We haven't been there in days/weeks/months.
5. We have out-of-town visitors.
6. Time to go to the Rogue for some beer.
7. All of the above.
The rocks are extremely photogenic.
Some of the rocks had seaweed exposed by the low tide.
John pointed out that they all looked like comb-overs.
So then I couldn't get that thought out of my mind.
The rocks suddenly all looked like Brother Cadfaels buried in the sand.
Eventually we tore ourselves away from the beach, and headed to a pier near the Rogue brewery. Lots of families were there hoping to catch some Dungeness crabs. Here's one being hoisted up, but it was a female (illegal to keep), so after her lunch of raw chicken she was tossed back.
Our guest took this photo of a beer sampler at the Rogue. I had a sip of the double chocolate stout, but that was about it: somebody has to be the designated driver.
A day of puttering at the beach is worth a lot.